Online booking of Appointments
Following updated NHS England guidance all online appointment booking for face to face appointments has been suspended due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Appointment requests need to be triaged by staff before they are booked.
There are advice calls available (Monday – Friday) to book via the online portal.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you require an appointment please ring the practice 0191 477 6955 and give the receptionist details of why you want an appointment.
You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app to:
Online services offered
- Booking and cancelling appointments
- Ordering repeat prescriptions
- Viewing your patient record
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
Please call into the surgery and ask the receptionist for an application form to access this service. YOU MUST BRING PROOF OF ADDRESS AND PHOTO ID.
- Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine
- Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality
Complete the forms
Patient Access Video Tutorials
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.