Telephone: 0191 445 5114
District nurses have been at the front line of health care in the community for many years. If you can’t leave your home due to poor health, problems getting around or a long-term condition, your district nurse is here to help.
District Nurses carry out many roles for housebound and older patients, including:
- General nursing procedures and investigations
- Post-surgery care
- Assessment of patients’ needs
- Care for terminally ill patients
- Loaning of equipment
- Looking after wounds and leg ulcers
- Educating patients about self-care
If you have been referred to the District Nurses and need to contact them please ring 0191 445 5114.